Our Veteran programs are designed to assist the military veteran in their adjustment to life after service. Our personalized approach provides each individual with a unique experience that is therapeutic in nature and aids in the release of stress.
This is a confidential, peer-to-peer, equine-based program to veterans struggling with the effects of PTSD, sleeplessness or suicidal thoughts.
We focus on communicating in the horse’s own language which creates a trusting relationship with the horse and an emotionally empowering experience for the veteran.
Classes are held in our arena where veterans are paired with a horse and through a non-traditional program results in a life altering experience.
Participants learn Natural Horsemanship
Veterans will be taught how to safely handle a horse.
The Veterans will benefit from learning the horse’s behavior as well as to evaluate the care and pleasant changes in the horse’s manners.
Natural Horsemanship educates the public on horse behavior and being self-aware of your body language aligned with the horse.
Social interaction is encouraged
Veterans are encouraged to verbalize their progress weekly to the instructor as a group.
The group can share their personal experiences and learn from one another.
The instructor will evaluate their progress and provide timely feedback to the participant to help them achieve their goals.
Some of the benefits of the program
Developing a partnership with a horse is documented to relieve anxiety such as PTSD. The rhythmic patterns of grooming and handling horses will also help lower stress and anxiety.
- Dramatic drop in suicide rate
- Less domestic violence and child abuse cases
- Less self-medicating (alcohol and drug abuse which leads to crime)
- Many clients will re-enter the work force, thereby paying taxes
- Better equipped to re-enter society and contribute to their communities
- Reduction in divorce cases
- Less frequent visits to VA and Vet Center Mental Health Departments thereby reducing the waiting list and overwhelming pressure on these Government Facilities
- To have a proven modality and methodology that significantly advances the recovery process